Thursday, March 27, 2008

Independence and a box of doughnuts

it was an unusual Friday night.

due to the storm and power failure, the city was not as vibrant as it was expected to be.
maybe, the mall rats and the party animals, which comprise half the metro
have nowhere to go.

well, im no different.
i have nowhere to go.

and since my stomach sent hungry waves to my brain,
i decided to swing by at this popular doughnut shop in katipunan.

i just thought of how unproductive the day was.
the workplace was not fully operational.
the fast foods wont deliver.
the parking lot was covered with leaves.
batteries were drained.
communication was difficult.
our location hunt was cancelled due to road blocks.
the sky was dry.

i thought of my friend who i havent seen in 5 long months.
i thought of my bestfriend's sister who is about to get married in 3 weeks.
i thought of my ate and brother in law who is about to visit us in 3 months.
i thought of my 2 friends who are going abroad. one will work in germany. one in singapore.
i thought of my aunt who just gave birth to her first daughter.
i thought of my close friend in college who gave birth to a tiny boy 2 weeks ago.
i thought of my 6th day in my workshop.
i thought of the joke we had in the office that made 6 people laugh their hearts out.

and there i was.
sitting in the middle of the empty doughnut shop.
counting the ways how to calm a storm.

No comments: